Scag Cougar Questions

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by fltdds, Aug 19, 2001.

1. fltdds

fltdds LawnSite Member

I know most of you do not use this mower, but I have one because I have a 5 acre yard that I like to bag and this mower does the best job overall.

I can't tell if I have the optional bagger full warning system or not. I bought it used and the dealer in my town has been extremely rude to me and doesn't even want to service it at any price. I have a blower on/off switch and a knob
    that goes from 0 to 10 on it , but it doesn't buzz or shut the deck off at any fill level, so I don't know if it doesn't have it or it is broken. Any help would be appreciated.

I am considering changing the hydro system over to 15w50 Mobil 1 and using synthetic in the 25 Kohler also. What do you folks think? It is running great, but I like to be as proactive as I can with maintenance.

I am not a professional LCO or even work in the field, but I love this board! I find a lot of business management ideas from you all that translate to my field as almost all businesses deal with people and problems tend to be universal.

Sorry for the long post!

Joe :p

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Welcome to Lawnsite. I have read about every post on Lawnsite and I do not remember anyone talking about this system you have for bagging. I'm not sure what Scag uses for hydro oil, but a lot of Mfg's use 15W/50 Mobil for their hydros and it is good oil. :)

Good luck with your machine.

3. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

Believe me, That's not a long post around here!

About your blower; Do you have any wires disconnected from anything ?

4. fltdds

fltdds LawnSite Member

I checked the wiring and it looks okay, and the blower does work. I figured out that the switch works the chute in the grass compartment. It rotates the chute to even the level across the compartment.

Thank you for your help

5. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

Cool!!

6. fivestarlawnken

fivestarlawnken LawnSite Senior Member

Did you check your fuses? Stay with the recommended fluids from scag. Good luck