SCAG COUGAR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dwigh1, Apr 15, 2001.

1. dwigh1

dwigh1 LawnSite Member

HAS ANYONE BOUGHT A NEW COUGAR AND HOW DOES IT DO? DOES IT SIDE DISCHARGE VERY WELL AND IS IT FAST AND EASY ON THE DUMPING WHEN YOU BAG WITH IT?

2. BobbyBcuttin

BobbyBcuttin LawnSite Member

dwigh1 I'm just across the river in Evansville i demo'd a couger for a day and was not empressed at all,it might have been because i used a walker the day before,but the couger would not even back on to my trailer to dump the deck did not pivot up enough it would get all bound up the only way i could get it on my trailer was to disconect it and crank it all the way up.The mower felt like it was built like a tank,but it just did not impress me at all,it clooged up a few times to.Have you demo'd one if not pm me and i can put you in touch with a rep that can bring you one for the day goodluck,Bobby

3. i hate the cougars. wanna get a walker and tiger. tried the cougar and absolutely hated it

4. Skippy

Skippy LawnSite Member
    from Maine

I think if you do a search on them there was a post on the Scags just a couple of weeks ago, and I don't think too many people were impressed. From what I've seen of them they look good ( features ) but what I understand about them is they have had a lot of glitches they havn't worked out. Also if you wanted any attatchments later on your real limited. Check out http://www.walkermowers.com good luck with whatever you choose.