Scag Couger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by C & S, Apr 16, 2003.

1. C & S

C & S LawnSite Member

I'm looking at a 2002 Couger with 2 hours on it. It has a 27 horse Kawi liquid cooled engine. $9000 is the price. Will not budge. Is it worth it? Only concern I have is the permant mount collection system. Wondering if I will be able to see around/over it?
  2. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I believe this is the "Walker wanabe" by Scag. If so, they have an awful track record. Some dealers bought them back from dissatisfied customers in the past. You had better do a search and read up on them. I thought someone posted that Scag was going to quit making that thing. You can almost by a new Walker for that price. :)
  3. Mark P

Mark P LawnSite Senior Member

:) I have a friend Joe Roberts who has been in the Business for over 24yrs now, he has a cougar, he uses it only for spring and fall cleanups, he runs scag TT, he uses the same dealer i use,and he's bought so much equipment for him he got a very good price on his.. i think its 2yrs old and he loves it, he's never had any problems with his, we eat lunch together couple times a week,he services 160 accounts,,,i still would say that the Walker is the best machine for the cleanups......Marks Mowing Service