Scag customer service top notch

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chuck bow, Feb 8, 2008.

1. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

Had some questions that had me totally baffeled on the Wildcat hydro pump idler pulley . I had one in stock in the shop from last summer then bought another last fall that was larger depth wise . I couldnt. quite fig out if they sold me the wrong one or what.I then preceded to write a email on scags website about my problems and asked if they could give me any insight to what was going on well ................ low and behold within the hr a Scag rep called me from Midwest Equipment( Scag distrubtor In Indiana) and Told me how and why i had 2 different pulleys . Both pulleys can be used without any problems ) They had improved the original and made it larger so the hydro belt would last longer ( better heat distribution) To me this is top notch customer service from a company that feels there customers are important

2. Tagg

Tagg LawnSite Member

Call Scag Factory Tech Support @ 920-387-3150 Excellent, EXCellent, Did I Mention EXCELLENT Tech Support. Just ask for Pat or Rob. Loss alot of respect for Midwest when we were at the October GIE/Expo Show in KY by the answers given from 1 of their Area Sales Managers.

3. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree Chuck, that is top notch customer service. I went and talked to my dealer the other day. When I purchase my new Tiger in a few weeks I will have the best service in the industry. If my mower breaks it will be fixed the same day. If its later in the day and I can't make it before he closes "he stays open later in during mowing season" I can take it in early in the morning. "6 am" Its fixed on the spot. He is a Scag dealer. He dont' have any other mowers in the shop. He stocks all the parts he needs to fix any thing that would go wrong. "although it has never happened to me" His shop is second to none. Scag trained technitions that work on Scag only. Service quality second to none.I don't have to wait for parts to be "overnighted" so I can fix it myself. 12 miles down the rode and any problem anytime is fixed on the spot. Talk about piece of mind! Its nice to know that for the next two years "warranty" all I have to worry about is mowing grass. No costs for anything like parts or labor. Also has a 3 year spindle and deck warranty.
    With service and warranties like this why would you buy anything else.

4. chuck bow

May i ask who was the sales rep? i know they have got rid of some reps in last few months > Mike i used to have a dealer like that > He had the Scag line pulled from him for reasons i wont discuss here but he still works on my mowers in a emergercy and bends over backwards for me . He sells a different brand now but at this time i wont switch brands The Big Orange mowers( cats eye gold) have been to good to me. I have found another dealer who can get parts or what ever i need to me in a hurry .For all you Central Indiana guys who want a good dealer ck out RE-POWER out of Indianapolis , great people to work with

5. bigclawn

bigclawn LawnSite Senior Member

Can't say enough about how Scag has always treated us so well!
    The RE-POWER shop is a true commercial shop--unmatched service in the Indy area--great mechanics--great looking woman up front that really knows her machines--has customers all over the Midwest. Has a lot of out of town clients--give him a call or e-mail for good, fair prices on alot of machines! www-re-power.com

6. chuck bow

Hey BIg do i know you ? Have i ever saw you down at re-power ? Trying toplace the name and face. Yeh your right a true hottie up front who knows Scag machines

7. bigclawn

You the guy with the bag ass dually? Probably seen you there! We are the ones with those Isuzu flatbeds! _YES--a rare woman in a mostly mans world!! Runs a good tight front desk! Knows her Scags & Walkers real well and can handle a good trimmer with the best of us!

8. chuck bow

Yep thats me with the big red dually Wow yeh i like your Isuzus wishi had one of thos

9. bigclawn

I gt them from Chris Fountain down at carl Black GMC in Kennesaw Ga--great guy--great dealership1 can get these in the 27 grand range new ready to go!

10. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

This is one Dealer and it may not reflect the service provided by other dealers. Most Scag dealers are good with customer service and some are not that good... It's the same way with car dealers...
    For the heavy price tag of the Scag, I would expect excellent customer service and most dealers do their best to provide it.