Scag Deck Question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by buckhtr77, Apr 27, 2008.

1. buckhtr77

buckhtr77 LawnSite Member

Folks,

I came across a 2006 Turf Tiger with a 61 inch Advantage deck. Can anyone tell me the difference(s) between the Advantage and Victory deck. Below is a description of the mower. Thanks for the time and info.

Scag Turf Tiger 61"advantage deck w/27 kawasaki (demo) 124 hrs $8500.00

2. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

Never heard of a victory deck, iam asumming you mean a velocity plus deck well i have both and here are the differences i know of 40% bigger discharge opening baffels under deck have been changed to go back toward more of flat nose classic deck for better air flow Ten times better deck than the advantage and iasumming this all to do with air flow and discharging the grass fast

3. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I would pay more for the Velocity plus deck. That's not that good of a deal for a demo, 124 hrs is more like a used mower than a demo. Unless your a home owner I would hold out for a good deal on a Velocity plus deck. Prices can vary greatly between dealers and price marked isn't always the bottom line. An Advantage deck will cut the grass but I never see any raving reviews. One LCO here switched after I told him about the new deck and he loves it so much he bought two of them.

4. buckhtr77

buckhtr77 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the repsonses. What you guys said is what I was figuring. With a Scag it will be the Velocity (Not Victory) deck.

5. jeffslawncare

jeffslawncare LawnSite Member

Also one difference is the tip speed of the blades is faster to get the grass out better.