Scag Electric Clutch / Safety Switches

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by sines of lawncare, Aug 15, 2005.

1. sines of lawncare

sines of lawncare LawnSite Member

Hey to all who read my post on the scag electric clutch. 1st it was NOT the electric clutch, as you all said it was a safety switch on my scag I at first could only find 3 safety switches (1) - brake (2) - gear or speed shifter
    (3) - operator present the toggles on the handles you have to have your hands in order for everything to go. I tried everything!!! I unplugged the coil packs and tried the PTO and the blades engaged so then I took the complete wiring harness off all the switches tested good so it had to be in the harness a wire maybe,every wire I tested completed a circuit how was this well it wasnt a wire so to speek, it was a 4th safety switch, this safety switch is at the end of the wiring harness it connects to the operator present safety switch it is a spring loaded wire conecterwhen you attach it to the operator present switch it pushes it in and wooooolaw you have PTO. I have never seen anythig like this at all. learining something new ever day. thanks to all of you that sent me problem solving ideas. Thanks to you Restorob for going that extra mile. This site is awsome ya just gotta use it.