SCAG electronic blade engagement -

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Orkin Yards, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Orkin Yards

Orkin Yards LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 36" scag belt drive walk behind's electronic blade engagement - I've tried rewirring it and can't get the blades to do anything - i know there are 2 yellow wires a black and 2 reds - something just isn't working out right...

is there a way to put a multi tester on something and troubleshoot? thanks in advance

jeff

2. CCWKen

CCWKen LawnSite Member

When you say "re-wire", do you mean that you're replacing the switch with an OEM switch or wiring in your own switch?

Did you check to make sure the clutch is operating? If the clutch is single lead, jump +12vDC to that lead. If the clutch has two leads, Jump one to ground and jump the other to +12vDC. The clutch should have a loud click when it engages.

Don't grasp the bear ends of your test leads. Even though the coil is 12v, the EMF on field collapse is enough to give you a good jolt!

3. Orkin Yards

Orkin Yards LawnSite Senior Member

actully the wires that i'm messing with are down on the engine frame - there is a collection of wires right there that were in a molex connector that got old and cracked and broke and now I haven't figured out which wires go to which...the colors don't match up....