Scag eliminator blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by scottishmaximus, Oct 19, 2003.

1. scottishmaximus

scottishmaximus LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

Anyone use these? They look like gators on mulchers. I always thought that this would make a good blade, especially for leaves. The gators i have do not return clippings to the ground fast enough. With the mulching combo it should. Any reviews?

eliminator blades click here

2. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

I just call them Hi lift gators, but this is the Scag type blade I use in a double blade set up. With the gators on top, and a regular High Lift on bottom. Also have the mulching kit installed.
    The 'Eliminator' was a pain to sharpen at first till I got used to the two level cutting edge, certainly works better than regular gators.

3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

[​IMG]

Nice, but I was never able to get enough LIFT with ones like this without the gator type serrations, so this would theoretically have even LESS lift.

Maybe in a double combo, but solo, I'll pass.

4. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I personally never had any problem with it generating enough lift. I've also been running a mulchmaster kit on the STC, so that may have something to do with it. I like the eliminators, I'm just out of them right now.

5. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

they bend easy.
    I have had better luck with regular gators on my tiger---I think the eliminators are a little overengineered.

6. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I've never bent one and they get some serious use (abuse) ... are you sure that you're dealing with the same ones? The ones that Scag puts out are the marbanes ...

7. scottishmaximus

scottishmaximus LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

As long as the leaves aren't too wet i don't think that the less lift will be a problem. Anyone else use them?

8. G-father

G-father LawnSite Member

I put on the mulchmaster kit yesterday. I will let you know in a few days how it works.

I think the gator type serrations will be fine because they are more of a high lift instead of the low lift other companies use.

9. G-father

G-father LawnSite Member

I put on the mulchmaster kit yesterday. I will let you know in a few days how it works.

I think the gator type serrations will be fine because they are more of a high lift instead of the low lift other companies use.

10. does any body just use the discharge chute cover? It's only $45 compared to the bagger or mulchmaster prices. (and easier to switch to D)

I just think it would leave windrows like my homemade one!!! :))