Scag, Exmark, or Kubota???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PBsSouthland, Sep 11, 2006.

1. PBsSouthland

PBsSouthland LawnSite Member

I need any advice I can get. I am starting to look at ztr mowers. I currently run two exmark walkbehinds and have been well pleased. The company I deal with sells Kubota, Exmark, and Scag. I like certain things about them all and I plan on going down to the dealer and testing them all and getting more info. I am open to all the advice I can get. I am looking at the 25hp Kubota diesel 60", the Exmark HP 56" 23hp Kawasaki, and the Scag Turf Tiger 27hp liquid cooled Kawasaki 61", Scag Wildcat 26hp liquid cooled Kawasaki 52", and the Scag Tiger Cub 23hp kawasaki 52". I know this is a broad question but any advice would be appreciated. Thanks alot!

2. jkingrph

jkingrph LawnSite Senior Member

Bought a 52" Wildcat26hp lc Kawasaki Lc last spring. It turned so dry here in E. Texas I only have 12 hours one it for all summer. My impression is that it is a fantastic machine cuts good esp in hard to cut dry Bahia stems.

3. FordManKubotaDreamer

FordManKubotaDreamer LawnSite Member

I have a Kubota ZD 25 and I love it. Lots of power, comfortable ride and a pretty good cut. I haven't had any problems with it. If you have any more questions about it let me know. :)

4. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

John Deere! Seriously look into the 737,757,777,797, or 997 Diesel. Their cut quality is awesome! JMO

5. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

I like exmark the best. I wold get one with a kawi engine. I like them the best. Stay away for briggs if you get a tiger cub. Vanguards are ok engines but I think kawi is the best. As for the mower scag and exmark are great macines and hold up well. I don't know about kubota ztr but their tractors are great. If you go with exmark be sure to get a ultracut deck. Do a search for trition decks and you will see why.
    Just my 0.2

6. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

My older 52" Tiger, 23hp Kawasaki has been great. No problems other than one gasket and normal maint. What ever mower you go with, I would go with the Kawasaki engine.

The Captain

7. REALSLOW

REALSLOW LawnSite Senior Member
    from FLORIDA

I just demoed a Kubota today,it was a diesel. I thought compared to my Hustler the chasses is a piece of crap way more to go wrong with it, a rattle trap bunch of stuff you don't need. I have had for extended uses 797 Deere,Scag turf tiger, Exmark Lazer 60. The Hustler chasses is superior to all above in maintenance and toughness of build.

8. dlm17

dlm17 LawnSite Member

I Have Had The Scag 54 Liqiud Cooled Tracked My Lawns Too Much, Have Two Jd 757s The Older One Has 2000 Hrs Fantastic Cut But Kawi Is Back In The Shop For The Fifth Time For Oil Leaks, The Newer 757 Has 1000 Hours Has Never Had The Cut Quality Of The Older One And Has Had Numerous Engine Problems Most Of Them Dealer Related, Have A 52 Lazer 200 Hours Like The Cut , The Power And The Details Exmark Has Done To Prevent Problemsso My Recomedation Would Be Lazer With Kohler

9. EMWEB

EMWEB LawnSite Member

Scag Turf Tiger Rules ! ! !

10. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

were i live there are alot of people that run scag. funny because the nearest dealer is 25 miles away. there are grasshopper,yazookees,exmark,hustler,and cub cadet dealers within 10 miles. mtself i have the 52" 25 air cooled kaw wildcat and love it. friends of mine that mow have 23 liquid cooled kaw 52 turftiger and another has 2 26 liquid cooled 52 wildcats never has one of these mowers had any problems. i have to go with the scags:weightlifter: