Scag Financing? Or others?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CTservices, Jul 26, 2003.

1. CTservices

CTservices LawnSite Member

Anyone know if Scag financing or any other companies run any low interest or defered payments in the off season? I am looking at a tiger cub 52"/24 honda or a Turf Tiger 52"/25 kohler, but can wait until winter to buy. I noticed there current special interest rates run out in October.

Any other Financing companies that do special rates for LCO's?

2. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Your equipment dealer should be able to get that info for you. Not only that but I get info in the mail companies wanting me to use their money to buy.

Also why not do a search on the internet.?

One company that my equipment dealer offers is a company called Scheffield. They are great. Lease to own all my stuff through them.
  3. pottstim

pottstim LawnSite Senior Member

I bought my Toro WB nearly 2 months ago, and the dealer financed me through a local bank for 6.25%. The financing through Toro was ridiculous, as it was something like 15% . I think they had same as cash for like a year. If i remeber right, if you didn't pay it off before the year was up, you paid the 15% interest, plus the interest that had acrewed over that year-long period. So, I was much better off going through the local bank. I was also considering a Scag, and that particular dealer used John Deere credit. Their interest rate was going to be around 8.5%. So, you'll just have to do some shopping. A local bank could be your best bet. That particular bank gave me a better rate because I had good credit. The loan officer told me that without the better rate, I would have been paying around 7.5%. Good credit sure does help you out in the long run. Best of luck.
  4. CTservices

CTservices LawnSite Member

I've tried searching, haven't came up with anything for LCO's. SCAG uses scheffield for there financing. They offer 2 & 3 year plans right now, I'm looking for a 3-4 year plan. Besides, there I think I can find lower interest rates. I am just a part timer right now, but looking to go fulltime not too long down the road.

Thanks for the Info.
  5. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Try these in your search

"egquipment leasing"
    "construction equipment leasing"
    "landscape equipment leasing"

Found many sources for funds..............