SCAG for me

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mudbug250, Sep 18, 2009.

1. mudbug250

mudbug250 LawnSite Member

I have just joined the orange nation. I bought a Scag Tiger Cat 19 Kawi 48" yesterday..wooohooo. $6741 OTD with an extra set of blades. The dealer sold it as a demo, but he was the only person to actually use it, never loaned out. He cut his grass once a week since the spring, less than 30 hours. Looks brand new. I have sense cut my yard with it in between rain showers. The grass had two weeks worth of growth and the Scag went through it like butter at full speed, and cut my mowing time in half at least. I am very impressed. No standers left what so ever. Just got to get that turning without tearing up the grass thing down. I am looking forward to see the cut when I cut it at regular intervals, not with the two weeks of growth. It will look amazing. Thanks to all the advice I read or you gave.

2. MOHUSTLER

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

Scag is a awesome mower, Welcome to the faimly.

3. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats great! Welcome to the family. :usflag: Lets see some pics.

4. johnnybravo8802

johnnybravo8802 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Ga.

Congratulations. I think I've talked my buddy into buying the same machine with the B@S. He is using a cub cadet now and that will be a big step up. That's a great deal on a Kawi-they run $7199 around here and $6199 for the Briggs. I'll be putting my new one in the wind soon.

5. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Congratulations!

6. EastCoast

EastCoast LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome to the family!

7. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i was wondering if the 19hp would be underpowered but i guess not

8. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

ummmmm, that orange Koolaid sure is good. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

9. mudbug250

mudbug250 LawnSite Member

No it is not underpowered. My lawn is mostly level and I am 260ish. It did fine. It is like night and day between my last mower JD L120 (POS). I am looking forward to cutting maybe tomorrow afternoon if it is not raining. Good thing about rain, it makes the grass grow quicker, so I can mow more. That is a major change in attitude from my other mower.

10. IHusky

IHusky LawnSite Senior Member

looks good