Scag Freedom or Snapper

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by hunter99, Mar 18, 2009.

1. preciselawnky

preciselawnky LawnSite Member

i use a freedom it is alright but it now has 60 hrs on it and its been back at the dealer 4 times already this season in the first 20hrs because one of the wires kept shorting out and running the battery down but overall its a good mower if you want to stay on hills get a bigger unit or you will slide every where. id buy a tigercub

2. SchnabelLawnCare

SchnabelLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Snapper PRO and Snapper are different sectors.

You would be much happier with the build of the Snapper PRO.

3. Shasta Lake Landscaping

Shasta Lake Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Snapper pro for sure.

4. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

I would go with the Snapper Pro, great machines for the money. If you want to go with Scag get a Tiger Cub and stay away from the Pro-sumer stuff, there is a difference. I would search CL and try to find lightly used euipment for half price. Its the middle of the summer and all the fire fighters and college kids that thought they wanted to mow grass for a living are selling there new mowers now.

5. Cajun Cleanin'

Cajun Cleanin' LawnSite Member

I just bought a new snapper pro 50x.I hope it a good machine,if not it has a 2year warranty and the dealer I got it from has loaners for service clients.Fingers crossed

6. dslc

dslc LawnSite Member

scag doesnt make the cub anymore the fz replaced it. :)

7. A-1 LAWN

A-1 LAWN LawnSite Member
    from kansas

Snapper pro,great machines

8. StrokerTurbo7.3

StrokerTurbo7.3 LawnSite Member

No they don't make the Cub anymore and no the Freedom Z didn't replace it. They changed the name from Cub to Cat. For the mere fact that it sounds tougher.