Scag Freedom Z or eXmark Quest

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by cmurf70, Jan 23, 2008.

1. cmurf70

cmurf70 LawnSite Member

I have never owned a ZTR mower before. I now use a 46" crapsman to mow my lumpy 2.5 acres with 40 trees. 3 hours minimum.

I have narrowed my choices down to the Scag Freedom Z 48 and the ExMark Quest 48.

Can anyone persuade me either way or add another choice?

Thanks.

2. MONTE

MONTE LawnSite Senior Member

I see more of the scag around here than the exmark. However you might go look at hustler Encore or a Country Clipper! The Clipper has some very nice features that you will not find on the others!

3. cmurf70

cmurf70 LawnSite Member

OK now I've ruled out the exmark. Now I'm thinking about the HUSTLER FasTrak or the scag.

Lets hear what you have to say. I just dont know which way to go.

I got a $4500 quote on the Freedom Z 48/26 and $4300 for the 48/19 Kohler FasTrak.

4. nmurph

nmurph LawnSite Senior Member
    from ga

both are great mowers. i have a Hustler and bleed yellow. i can't really say too much bad about the Scag, but i will say that the Hustler has a better warranty and their factory support is the model for all of the industry. go to the Hustler forum and read some of the post.

5. cmurf70

cmurf70 LawnSite Member

Well I finally pulled the trigger on the Hustler yesterday. Went with the Fastrak 48/18 Honda. $4500 sound like a good deal?:clapping:

6. nmurph

nmurph LawnSite Senior Member
    from ga

welcome to the Hustler family. you will beg the grass to grow!!!!!

7. indyrs2

indyrs2 LawnSite Member

Sorry i didnt see this before you bought something because at Reynolds farm equipment in fishers in has the Exmark Phazer 44" for 3999 and that is a great deal with 19hp kaw.