Scag freedom Z

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Capemay Eagle, May 30, 2007.

1. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

I took the Scag 52" 26 horse freedom Z out for a spin today and I really like it. The only problem is it is a little to big. I also feel that the the 48" is also going to be a little to big. The salesman himself said this. I only really have a about a acre to cut, but I need a ztr to get around all the curves. Does anyone have any info on a good quality ztr in the 4-5 Grand area that is a little smaller. I did see a John Deere in Home Cheapo that was nice, but no where near the quality of the Scag, for a thousand less. Any help appricated..

2. ranger100

ranger100 LawnSite Member

Check out the Hustler Fastrak and Mini Fastrak, depending on the size deck you need. They pretty much own the upper-end homeowner market. I've have the Fastrak 20 hp honda/52 deck and love every minute of it. Do a search and you will find everything you need to know about them.

3. bsalter5

bsalter5 LawnSite Member

I recently bought a Gravely 34Z and love it. A 44Z might work for you. There are a lot of good mowers out there though - find a convenient dealer that you like, and they probably have something that would fit the bill.

I considered the Mini FasTrak's, and Dixon Black Bear among others, but ended up getting the Gravely. I almost bought a lightly used Scag Z-Cat (19hp), but it cost about what the new Gravely did...

Good Luck!

bes

4. nmurph

nmurph LawnSite Senior Member
    from ga

one acre is Hustler Mini Fasttrak territory. the 42" will do it in about 30 mins, depending on obstacles. search. there are lots of post with many, many satisfied owners.

5. Capemay Eagle

A 42" is what I need. I looked up a Hustler dealer and there is one about 15 minutes up the road. I am going to head up tomorrow and take a peek. Thanks...

6. Capemay Eagle

I looked around for a Gravely dealer and the closest one is in Delaware. A little to far for me to travel. I think I am going with the mini fastrak. It seems to fit what I am looking for. I have a appointment tomorrow morning. Hope to have it home by Monday..

7. wolfsburg57

wolfsburg57 LawnSite Member

When you visit your hustler dealer you might see if they have any leftover 44 inch fastrak's. One of those can be had for probably $4500.

8. nmurph

nmurph LawnSite Senior Member
    from ga

eagle, let us know when you get the Hustler home. you will be begging the grass to grow so you can kick its' skinny green butt.

9. Faded87T

Faded87T LawnSite Member

I love the Mini-fastrak 42 I purchased last year. I went back and forth between the Honda or the Kohler engine, in the end I just couldn't justify the added expense of the Honda. The Kohler has been great, doesn't burn a drop of oil and has good power. I've had to cut thick wet grass a couple of times and it goes right through it. Overall I'm very pleased with the mower. I cut 1.5 acres (less the house and the garage) with a fair amount of trees. It leaves a very nice looking cut and is fast. It is also easy to store and lift for maintenance, it's the perfect size for my needs. Let us know how you like it.

Dale

10. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

Just an Option.
    Cub Cadet Enforcer 44" 19HP Full commercial