scag freedom z

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by texastruecuttin, May 5, 2008.

1. texastruecuttin

texastruecuttin LawnSite Member

im lookin into getting scag freedom 52 inch, it'll be mowing nearly 15 hours a week and i was wonderin what yall thoughts about how well it should hold up , i want a fully commercial unit but can only afford a used and cant seem to find the right used machine so was lookin at the freedom ztr hopin it could work up to its name. i dont know alot about mowers any infromation about this unit would be appreciated. i am mostly concerned on the quality of cut because have seen many residential ztr's cut poorly. I am new to this site but hopefully can get some helpful responses from yall guys

2. edgeman2003

edgeman2003 LawnSite Member
    from md

I would go with a wildcat or turf tiger the price difference between them is like $800-$1200 depending on area you live. for more info http://www.scag.com/zeroturns.html

3. edgeman2003

edgeman2003 LawnSite Member
    from md

I use the turf tiger w/61'' deck with 27hp kohler engine

4. texastruecuttin

texastruecuttin LawnSite Member

ya thats what i really need to get, in this area the closest thing to the freedom in price was the cub but it still was 1,200 more and for a smaller cut 48in i like the 52 helps when doing my 4 acre yards wish i could get bigger than 52 but any bigger and i couldnt fit it in my trailer like the 60 in turf tiger even if i could afford it it would be to big. i am looking to spend under 6,000 and the freedom is 5,000 i know the other scags are better but was wondering if anybody knew information about this lower end model or if anybody has heard anything good or bad bout em

5. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

Buy a tiger cub I got mine for 6300 bucks. They are getting closer to seven now. I don't think the freedom will hold up sealed everything everything will where out.