1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

SCAG front wheel bearings Turf Tiger & Tiger Cub

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by thill, Jun 13, 2006.

1. thill

thill LawnSite Member

We recently put Scag supplied "solid rubber" wheels on both of these units and have gone through several set of bearings. Neither unit did this with the pneumatic tires.

We visited with the dealer and the regional distributor about this but still have no idea why this is happening.

Has anyone else experienced this or have input? We are feeling kinda stupid and hope someone can help.

2. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I have the Z-Cat and have a caster bearing going out, actually I think its the wheel bearing. However, the clackty clack is starting to get annoying. I am approaching 600 hrs and july 17 it will be a yr old.

BTW: these are the stock wheels. Good Luck@@
  3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I have a tiger cub with 725 hours and I noticed last week that both front bearings are starting to wear. I mow some very ruff properties though. I still have the pneumatic tires on my unit. Maybe the solid tire doesnt absorb enough or any of the shock and its being transfered to the bearings

4. thill

thill LawnSite Member

Thanks for the replies.

The thought about most or all of the shock going straight to the bearings may be it. I hope not but........