1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

SCAG Help ! ! ! Opinion Needed

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by EMWEB, Aug 19, 2006.

1. EMWEB

EMWEB LawnSite Member

I have a 2006 SCAG Turf Tiger 27 HP Kohler . . . While mowing sides of a shallow ditch in front of my home . . . As I have done several times before, with no problems . . . Today when I started to come out I got stuck . .
    Forgot about previous days rain . . .

Neither rear wheel was grabbing anything . . . almost perpendicular to the ditch . . .

Attached soft sling to front wheel support and had wife ease me out of ditch very very slow. Stopped towing as soon as level . . Total movement max four feet . .

Question: After doing so, then I checked my book . . I did not release the dump valves. Is it possible I hurt my hydro system in that four feet . . .

I doubt that the tires made contact but about two to three feet max . . .
  2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

I would say not, Now if you drug it all the way out of the back 60 I'd say there was a chance.
  3. EMWEB

EMWEB LawnSite Member

Is there any accurate way to determine if any damage was caused . . .It appears to performing normally . . . Just concerned if I did anything that will reduce the life expectancy of the drive train . . .

Thanks for your earlier reply . . . .
  4. EMWEB

EMWEB LawnSite Member

Do you always release the dump valves when you are stuck in a ditch prior to winching out . . .?
  5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Your fine. Don't worry about a thing.

Unless your towing on pavement you really don't need to unscrew your dump valves.
  6. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

The tires will just drag before you damage the hydros... Nope, sleep well tonight because you didnt damage anything.
  7. EMWEB

EMWEB LawnSite Member

Thanks everyone . . . this is a great site . . .