1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Scag hours

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by lawn systems, Jan 1, 2013.

1. lawn systems

lawn systems LawnSite Member

How many hrs.are you getting out of your scags.both of mine have around 1000 and still going strong

2. RTR Landscaping

RTR Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

We have gotten over 2500 hrs. on several Scags. Sometimes engines have to be replaced but the Scag mowers are still in good shape. My dealer has worked out a trade in deal so I don't keep them that long now. If you do normal maintaince there's no reason not to get 2500+ hrs.

3. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

The mower will last 10000 + hours The engines on them will last between 1500 to 2200 hours:weightlifter:

4. mach14604

mach14604 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I had 900hrs on a couple of mine but dumped them in fear of breakage. Maybe I shouldn't have.

5. DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

We have 2 of our older hydros with over 3000 hours on original engines.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. RTR Landscaping

RTR Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

3000 hours on an engine is excellent. If I can get 2500 hours on an engine, I'm pretty pleased. You obviously do a really good job on maintenance.

7. Sharps_lawn&landscaping

Sharps_lawn&landscaping LawnSite Member
    from TN

I have a 2007 Tt with 2800 on the 29 dfi original motor and a 2004 tt with 3800 but motor was replaced at 2600 . It's an air cooled 32hp vanguard .