1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Scag Hurricane Mulching System

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MOJO111, Aug 9, 2004.

1. MOJO111

MOJO111 LawnSite Member

Has anyone used this deck?? is it much different than the normal kit:confused:

Thanks Phill:D
  2. aussiegreg

aussiegreg LawnSite Member

G'day Phil

I would be interested as I may be buying a Turf Tiger 52in deck
  3. RobH

RobH LawnSite Member

Actually, the Scag Hurricane Mulching system only works on '04 decks and newer per the website. Scag changed the underneath of the deck design.

I don't have it either, but I would really like to hear from somebody who has it.

Somebody here must have it.
  4. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Saw it in the brochure at the dealer and on the website. Looks like a winner to me!
  5. matth04

matth04 LawnSite Member

The Hurricane Mulching System seperates the 3 individual blades. It comes with about 6 pieces to put underneath an advantage deck. It comes with blades. It works great. It costs me 260. I have convinced several elderly people to let me mow with this mulching system. These were people that wanted it bagged, no questions asked. The only problem with this system is that if you have an overgrown lawn, you need to take off the plate, because it bogs down alot.