Scag hydro price good or bad

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JOshua Gallerick, Mar 27, 2001.

1. JOshua Gallerick

JOshua Gallerick LawnSite Member

Had a dealer price me a scag hydro walk behind 48" with a 17hp Kawasaki for $4849. Is that a good price for a scag?
    The grass is starting to finally green up here in iowa can't wait to get started!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. jrebeiro

jrebeiro LawnSite Member

Joshua,

I got a Scag 48" belt drive for $2900... $1800 seems steep for an upgrade to hydro. I bought 2 when I got that price so your price may be slightly higher when only buying one. I didnt price the hydro's b/c I knew they were a little more expensive but this should give you a general idea on that your dealers pricing is like.

Hope this helps,

3. sunrise

sunrise Banned

maybe a little high but still ok
    but dont buy a belt for less you will regreet it hydro will make you life easy. power reverse its great

4. Finecut

Finecut LawnSite Member
    from IL

Joshua,

Seems like it is a little high...about 950.00 high. Arlington Power Equipment sells that same mower for 3899.00. The 48" gear drive with 14 Kawa is 2475.00 There must be a great deal of profit there as I doubt Arlington is selling them at a loss! 1-847-253-5727

5. Kirt Shore

Kirt Shore LawnSite Member

Hey you may want to call Russo's @773-777-1058 and talk to Eric ask him the price on this unit. I know that there is no one better priced in the Chicago metro than them. They are the dealer that other dealers hate because of there price.

Good luck I just sold a new 48" Scag with a 15 HP Kohler new for $2200.00with a 5 spd.

6. bilchak

bilchak LawnSite Member

I was in the market for a SCAG until I got my Ferris at an acution.

My local dealer had 2000 SCAGS on sale last week. He
    wanted 4100 for the 48" hydro with a 17 Kawi. He
    wanted 2799 for the 48" belt drive with a 17 Kawi. Both
    were unused, fixed decks, no advantage deck either.

I also priced a 2001 model at another dealer. He wanted
    3300 for a 48" belt drive.

Check: http://www.alamia.com

They do have SCAGS on there.

Jb

7. jrebeiro

jrebeiro LawnSite Member

Forgot to mention mine were 2001 48" belt-drive, 17hp Kawi, Advantage deck also.

8. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

i don't have a scag but that price seems very high. i could get a turf tarcer 60" 19hp at my dealer for around $5500

9. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

if scag is to high check out a 48 lesco very similiar to scag. 48 comes with vtwin kawi. $2200. I own a 52 lesco belt
    drive. I installed a toro T bar for 200. goes in the wet.
    will back up. saved the moneyto buy other tools.