1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

scag hydro WB durability

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by nov141992, Mar 16, 2005.

1. nov141992

nov141992 LawnSite Member

I'm a homeowner with 3/4 acre. I'm considering buying a used 48" hydro Scag Walk Behind and am hoping to get some input. I'm weighing this option against buying a new Fastrack.

Any one out there have a pump or hydro motor go out on a Scag? If so after how many hours (read or approximated)?

How many hours would you expect a hydro Scag Walk Behind used commercially to have before running into significant problems? What problems have you had with yours and at how many hours?

Any suggestions on how to gauge the condition of a used one? Seems like more often then not there is no hourmeter.

Thanks for any input.
  2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I don't have any experience with Scag walk behinds but you could post this question in the commercial lawn care forum and you should get a lot of responses and also do a search and you should come up with a ton of information.
  3. speedyandy

speedyandy LawnSite Member

I run bobcat ransome mowers,they are similar to scag.Mine are going on 3 & 4 yrs old & have approx 1500 hrs on each.I have had no problems,knock on wood.I change my oil each season.