Scag is unfair

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jart, Apr 7, 2003.

1. jart

jart LawnSite Member
    from 7

Last year we purchased a Scag "Tiger Cub" for our lawncare service. After a period of approximately 6 weeks use we decided the "Tiger Cub was not going to suit our requirements and returned to our dealer to trade it for a "Turf Tiger". At this time we found that Scag had reduced the selling price by $1000.00.

Upon contacting the factory we were told the price reduction was an effort to stimulate sales for the "Tiger Cub". My immediate responce was that you obviously don't care about your long time customers that have recently purchased another one of your products. Your price cut has killed our machine's trade-in value by the amount of $1000.00. We informed the person at Scag that the "Tiger Cub" was our third Scag machine purchase and would be our last if provisions were not made to allow relief from this price cut on our next purchase.

We feel that Scag makes very good machine but the inconsiderate business practices have left a very bad taste in our mouths.

Other commercial and residential consumers would be a great help in getting this wrong made right if you would contact Scag and let your feelings about this be known.

PLEASE give us your help.

2. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

That is the most ridiculous post I have ever read! I bought a camera a few months ago for $850.00, and now its on sale for $600.00. I'm not going back to Canon bitching and trying to start a revolution. Thats my fault for not waiting.

Grow up! You said they had a good product so next time buy something that you can use for longer than 6 months time frame.

I have never broken even when trading in something I bought brand new, and used for any period of time.

What the hell is this country turning into. The damn Manufacturers get bitched at for lowering their prices. With people like you theres no wonder prices are going up!

Jimbo

P.S. I should have done like everyone else and not wasted my time on this post.

3. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

That is the way it happens with eveything that you buy, Kook at the coputer industry. I bought this computer and printer for about $2200 and two months later Dell had faster and bigger one for about $800 less, oh well.:dizzy:

4. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

Thats just bad timing I would say. I can see how that stinks but it isn't their fault. Sell your machine privately, trade in value is horrible...try ebay for selling.

5. jart

jart LawnSite Member
    from 7

You got to be kidding to think that this is just whinning. The price cut was not a promotion , but a total price cut which leaves all that purchased earlier holding the bag. Scag was trying to stimulate sales on this particular model and did so at the expense of old customers like myself. I'd be glad to trade for normal depreciation but not for normal depreciation plus the $1000.00.

Scag gave us the shaft and you want me to like it. Come on now we work too hard for our money to get suckered out of it this way.

6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

The One Thing About exmark Is that they don't Have to Lower Prices To STIMULATE SALE'S.

John.

lazer resized.jpg

7. jart

jart LawnSite Member
    from 7

Computers & other electronics are in a catagory by themselves , I expect them to drop in price rapidly because of the advancing technology. In the past mowers have been predictable in their depreciation than this. . I was expecting to pay normal depreciation...not normal depreciation plus a $1000.00

8. jart

jart LawnSite Member
    from 7

The Exmark is definitely a concideration for our next purchase. Gonna have to wear this Tiger Cub out before we acquire another mower. One of the dealers in the aera has just started carrying Exmark so they are available in this area now.

9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I Do Think You will Like It Over The Scag. ( I DO ).
    John

img_0429 resized.jpg

10. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Man, it's like a vehicle rebate. Last Wednesday if you bought a 6.0 diesel Ford, you got nothing. Friday you got a $1000 rebate. Most people wait for the new rebates to come out, which they did on Wednesday, but they amended it on Friday. You never can tell. Just make sure you feel comfortable the day you buy and don't look back. Sucks to lose a 1000 bucks, but it just isn't worth the effort of dwelling on it. Move on, and buy an Exmark :)