scag,john deere,snapper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by greengrower, Jan 29, 2007.

1. greengrower

greengrower LawnSite Member

Hello, I am buying a zero turn commercial mower in atlanta ga. area.Is the scag zero turn radius mower better than snapper and john deere and the others? Thank you.

2. davidcalhoun

davidcalhoun LawnSite Bronze Member

No, not really from a business side of things. Once you go with a DECENT brand mower, it all boils down to your dealer. Pick the best dealer in your area. He/she sould be able to dirrect you toward the right equipment for the job. Just make sure the dealer is commited to you as a commercial cutter.

3. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

well me i like JD,but its the only thing i have used.i like it best because my dealer treats me good,something the other 3 dont do around here.

4. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 05 wildcat 52 and a 04 turf tiger . I run scag because i do get great service and they are in my opinion the best mower out there. When buying a mower i think that going out and test riding and comparing different specs is important. size of pumps, motor ,hp, warranty, how easy it is to service, comfort, Quality,pump coolers, etc. If you do your research on alot of mowers you will find that scag is one of them at the top.

5. newbomb

newbomb LawnSite Senior Member

I highly recomend Scag. Mine is bullet proof. The John Deere is decent but I think I would stay away from the snapper just because the other 2 are just such good choices. If dealer support is good buy the scag its the best.

6. mowpart rep4

mowpart rep4 LawnSite Member

try mowpart.com the prices are very good

mowpart.com is reliable,safe & secure
    CHECK US OUT FOR YOUR OUTDOOR POWER NEEDS. WE CAN SAVE YOU MONEY ON ALL YOUR BLADES AND ACCESORIES

7. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

Buy the scag ,john deere second if thats the only choice ......... snapper doesnt hold a candle to the other 2 as far as built quality and performance
    SCAG..... SIMPLY THE BEST !!!! is there motto

8. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

I think that these are very good responses and accurate as well. And there is others out there as well with good equipment too!