SCAG Leaf Collection system tube

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by TurfCo LLC, Oct 28, 2007.

1. TurfCo  LLC

TurfCo LLC LawnSite Member

I have a SCAG Wildcat mower, and I put the leaf collection system on today, planning on starting the leaf collecting sometime next week. The tube that runs from the blower on the deck to the hopper has a few growing holes in it from debris that gets thrown through the tube at a high rate of speed. Any ideas on how to fix the problem? It's a plastic tube spined with metal rings for rigidity roughly 9 to 10" in diameter.

The dealer wants $58 for a new tube that'll end up doing the samething.

2. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

I went to the Scag web site and looked at the Scag Freedom Z Grass Collection System to see the tube you are talking about. If you could fix it so it could have some movement back at the Collection bin you may be able to use a big PVC pipe. Paint it black. Maybe you could place a PVC pipe inside the tube as a liner. I have tried to patch holes in tubes of that type before and it just does not work.

Does this look about like what you have?

SFZ_grasscatcher-575C.jpg

3. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

4. Breezmeister

Breezmeister LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from South Jersey

Duct Tape :rolleyes:

ericg likes this.
  5. TurfCo  LLC

That's just a patch that wears out over time and looks unprofessional. Ultimately, the same problem is still there. But thanks for your input :)

But yes, the picture above is exactly the tub I'm talking about

6. TurfCo  LLC

7. Breezmeister

Breezmeister LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from South Jersey

I agree with you totally :) I'm seem more duct tape then I care to on blowers and hoses to loaders :dizzy: It's refreshing to see that some care as to how they look out there :drinkup:

ericg likes this.
  8. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd probably buck up and spend the 58$.....

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

On my Scag Cougar a 24" piece of the same kind of flex pipe cost me $80 a couple years ago.