scag maintenance help

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by ImmaculateCut, Apr 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImmaculateCut

ImmaculateCut LawnSite Member

I HAVE purchased a used scag tiger cub...

it has a 52 in. advantage deck..
    23hp kawi...

i wanted to know if some one could tell me what engine oil and what type of FLUID to use for the hyrdo resevoir

i need specific product specs for those two items ....

i have looked at the scag site mower manuals for tiger cubs
    but i dont belive the info is valid.. due to my scag being an older model...

please help

ive also called 2 differnet mower shops and they all give me different info and they say for me to go to a scag dealer...

please help

my mower has 420 HOURS on it i bought it that way used for 3200$ no maintenance has been done since i bought it... please help... I WOULD APPRECIATE it if u know of a online store that i may be able to purchase the products that i will need... please give me the web address thanlk you...

2. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Ok I will try to help ya some here,I just purchased a 2004 model scag and far as the engine goes I think 10w-30 motor oil is ok. In my hydro system I can use regular 20w-50 motor oil. Here is scags web site http://www.scag.com/, there is a dealer locator there just type in your zip code to locate a dealer, Also there is a section called '' contact us'' maybe you can get some answers there also. I typed in a zip code for detroit and here are a few dealers , not sure if any are near you
    All Season's Outdoor Equipment Inc
    15130 E Ten Mile Road
    Eastpointe, MI 48021
    (810) 771-4949
    Billings Feed & Lawn Equipment
    221 N. Main St
    Royal Oak, MI 48067
    (248) 541-0138
    William F Sell Equipment Co
    16555 Telegraph Road
    Taylor, MI 48180
    (734) 769-820013 Miles
    Wm F Sell & Son
    16555 S. Telegraph Rd
    Taylor, MI 48180-5110
    (313) 282-510022 Miles
    PACE Inc Marketing Dept
    739 S Mill St
    Plymouth, MI 48170
    (734) 453-6258
    maybe this will help some

3. ImmaculateCut

thankyou

is there a difference between somthing called straight 30 motor oil and 10-w-30 motoor oiL???

also does anyone know of any stores that u can purchases products from though the internet??that will MAIL YOUR PRODUCTS TO U??

4. ImmaculateCut

GRASS FOOL i have a question

is your mower a tiger cub??

what engine do u have ?? what deck size?

5. grass_cuttin_fool

Yes I have the tiger cub with a 48'' deck and a 20 hp kohler

6. ImmaculateCut

hey
    is the oil filter on your engine the same type of filter that is used for the hyro fluids?

7. grass_cuttin_fool

No I dont think so, The hydro filter is a much finer micron than the oil filter,If you dont have any luck with the dealers I will try to get a number off mine tommorow. Both are spin on filters though

8. ImmaculateCut

i wish more people who are mechanics and who know alot about mower could tell me exactly what i need because they are the man:eek: :eek: :)

23 hp kawi 52 inch deck

what OIL FILTER
    what oil do i need
    what hydro filter
    what hydro fluid do i need?? please help

and tell me where to buy it if u can?? hopefully a website?? thank you....

9. grass_cuttin_fool

Ok sae 10-w-30 motor oil is good for ambient (out side temps) from 0 - 100 degrees. Any major brand of motor oil is ok. the part number on the kawasaki filter is 490652062. I cant advize on the hydro filter at this time. And any major brand of sae 20-w-50 motor oil is ok for the hydro. I have a website that I order parts from it is http://www.mowmore.com/, I have used them before and are pleased. I dont say they are the best or cheapest but i am satisfied with them. there is a filter number for the scag hydro on that site but i think it would be best if you could get the number off the filter that is on your machine and go from there

10. ImmaculateCut

thanks fool :)
    i appreciate ur help

also the link u gave me doesnt work lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.