Scag manufacturer not returning e-mails

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by skeet, Mar 15, 2008.

1. skeet

skeet LawnSite Member

Anyone having any problems with manufacturers not returning e-mails or phone calls?

I e-mailed Scag twice and have not received any reply in over 3 weeks.

phone # is not on their web site

2. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

Are you having problems with your dealer? That is the only reason I would need to contact Scag directly. Otherwise the dealer should be able to help you with any questions you have. If you google enough you'll find their number.

3. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Try 920-387-3150 Metal Craft (Scag). They should be able to help you. They don't list the phone # on the web site. I took a few days but they called me after I emailed them and were very good to work with. Scag has been very good to work with. Exmark is the best as far as calling for info.

4. FIRST IMAGE LAWNCARE

FIRST IMAGE LAWNCARE LawnSite Member

Yes My Dealers Here Stoped Selling Scag Mowers So I Sold Mine I Had A 48 And A61 Wb

5. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

Contact Us

We welcome the opportunity to answer any questions that you may have. Please feel free to contact us:

Mayville, WI Facility - Metalcraft of Mayville, Inc. Headquarters

MAILING ADDRESS:
    Metalcraft of Mayville, Inc.
    PO Box 151
    Mayville, WI 53050

PHYSICAL ADDRESS:
    Metalcraft of Mayville, Inc.
    1000 Metalcraft Drive
    Mayville, WI 53050

PHONE: (920) 387-3150
    FASCIMILE: (920) 387- 4157
    E-MAIL - mom@mtlcraft.com

6. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

Funny, someone claimed not long ago that Scag had the best customer service... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

7. FIRESCOOBY

FIRESCOOBY LawnSite Senior Member

I've emailed SCAG twice in just the last week. Once was to ask details about the discharge to see if an OCDC for a wildcat would fit the TT, and the other to inquire about scag stickers. Both times my emails were responded to within 24 hours, and answered my questions precisely. They even sent me some free stickers on their dime.

8. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

I think I was in on the Scag customer service thread. I can honestly say that Scag service is the BEST service I have ever had. One reason is my dealer is just down the road. Thats where all my great Scag service is recieved. Its not 2 states away or 75 miles down the road like some other manufacturers. I don't have a "fix it myself "policy with Scag. I have a if it tears up bring it on in to my dealer and he will fix it policy. If I want I can get my parts delivered to my front door just like some of the other companies. But I can also go to my dealer and get it fixed there by factory trained Scag service personnel. Your not going to beat my Scag dealer's service period.I don't care who you mow with or where you mow with it. I too emailed Scag a few weeks ago and was contacted within 24 hrs. I would say with the season starting and all the new Scags being purchased that there is alot of people trying to contact Scag with many different questions.

9. Daily Lawn/Landscape

Daily Lawn/Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

This is just a shot in the dark! Maybe your e-mail account my have sent their e-mail to the junk folder. I have e-mailed Scag in the past and got a response in a day or two. Hope this helps.

James

10. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

No pun intended :cool2: