Scag Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowingkid35, Aug 25, 2012.

1. RTR Landscaping

RTR Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

We have 6 mowers in the business and all are Scags. I'm going to buy 2 Cheetahs for next season. We are fortunate that Scag has an excellent dealer in my area. Everyone has their favorite mower brand for different reasons, for me it's Scag.

2. spgseth

spgseth LawnSite Member

Went from dixie chopper to scag TT and wouldn't trade it for nothing. Although time will tell.

3. T Scapes

T Scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

i just bought a tiger cat with a 27kawi and 61in deck last week and love the machine. I plan on getting another or maybe a cheetah or turf tiger great mowers built well and the new decks stripe awesome. I like the tiger cat because it is smaller and you can get under trees a bit better. i havent had any scalping issues yet and it does pretty good on hills. check out my work thread if u wanna see some stripes oh yea and no clumping like my exmark

4. Chevy z71

Chevy z71 LawnSite Fanatic

I wish they would make a floating deck walkbehind.

5. Mowingkid35

Mowingkid35 LawnSite Senior Member

Keep everything coming, its great to hear what everyone has to say about the machines, like i said we are looking to get something that will last and be a good addittion to our company, i really like the scag set up and how strong they are, but only demoeing one will give me answers that i want

6. spgseth

spgseth LawnSite Member

Forgive me for being thick, when I here everyone saying striping I assume they are talking about a striping kit?

7. Grassman67

Grassman67 LawnSite Member

My problem with Scag is parts availability. I bought a FreedomZ this season and the brake linkage fell off somewhere. Have had it ordered now for six weeks from 3 different places. Still waiting. Running now with no brakes. Will not buy another Scag for this reason. This machine only has 35 hours on it.

8. DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

Grassman, dont know where you are located but i have never waited more than 2an days for any scag part. Call RPM POWER EQUIPMENT IN HARWICH MA. they have never let my company down. Good luck.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We have 3 Turf Tigers with velocity decks. They hold hills very well and discharge great. The velocity deck doesn't do very well mulching.

10. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

Is that with the actual mulch kit and mulch blades?
    Posted via Mobile Device