Scag Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Monroe'sLawnCare, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Monroe'sLawnCare

Monroe'sLawnCare LawnSite Member

Hey Everybody,
    I know I posted a few weeks back about trying to decide btw exmark or JD, and i got a lot of great responses. Thank you again.

While i was at my local dealer the other day looking at the exmarks, i couldnt help but keep looking at the scag's. I am curious to see what you all think of the freedom z 52' or 60'. The price is right i know that much.

I know its considerred entry level, but i am entry level, and can't decide if its worth the extra $$ to upgrade and get the tiger cat. Thanks ahead of time for your response.

2. T Scapes

T Scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

upgrade to the tiger cat i bought one this year and love it i got the 61in deck with the 27 kawi i love how big the discharge chute is plenty of power you wont regret it

3. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

go with the tiger cat and you most likely will want to go with a 61" mower. it probably holds more fuel, probably goes faster, has bigger engines to offer.

4. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

Freedom has a 6.5 gallon gas tank. 8.5 mph and 10 mph on 61" models. Does not have a velocity plus deck.
    With the cat you get more gas capacity more speed and best of all the velocity deck.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. LibertyFarmLandscaping

LibertyFarmLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE TX

It's well worth upgrading to the Tiger Cat.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. crazyflyboy30

crazyflyboy30 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

I like the Freedom SZ 61 it has Dual ZT-3400 Hydro-Gear Transaxles 10 MPH SFZ61 30hp B&S Professional Series w/ Cyclonic Air ,All very good but only one thing is the Heavy-duty blade drive spindles are no't so heavy duty.

7. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

If you're just getting started, get the Cat. Being where you're at, I'd definitely get the 61 deck. The properties in your area are larger then say ones that are in the bigger cities.

8. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

The Fredom Z wil not hold up very well IMO
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Evolution IX

Evolution IX LawnSite Member

Def upgrade to Tiger Cat.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. crazyflyboy30

crazyflyboy30 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

Only thing I do no't like about the Tiger Cat.Is the Tiger Cat.
    is 27hp the Freedom Z has 30hp what is wrong with this picture.