scag mulch kit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ronslawncare, Mar 7, 2003.

1. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

anyone have the scag mulch kit ,have they correct the blade problem.i been side discharching but sometimes grass shoots into beds then i have to blow the sh-T out.if they have mulch beds i just go the opposite direction but its a pain .thanx ronnie

2. ronslawncare

anyone out there:confused: :confused: :confused:

3. fatboy5803

fatboy5803 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Scagg 36" W/B with the Mulch Kit, and works good.. What was the problem with the blades?? :confused: I had the Scagg mulch blades, and use the Raptor one's now.. Good Luck with both.. Hope this helps....

Lou :cool:

4. ronslawncare

a while back i herd on here the mulch kit was not measured correctly and when you engage the blades would bog or scrape the deck.so the mulch kit does a good job got any pics how much did you pay.

5. fatboy5803

fatboy5803 LawnSite Senior Member

I bought this set up used, W/ the mulch kit already installed. I have the Advantage deck. Have no pics and prices,sorry !! Scaggs web site has pics though.. Hope this helps...

Lou :cool:

6. hoffmanlandscaping

hoffmanlandscaping LawnSite Member

I just put a mulch kit on my turf tiger last fall 61" advantage deck. Had ome promblem with the blades rubing modified it alittle and seems to work pretty desent. Though I think I'm going to try and build a adjustable discharge gaurd so It can be operated open or closed. Haven't mowed to much grass withit yet.

7. mklawnman

mklawnman LawnSite Senior Member

I wonder where BHB is to reply on this one. He made himself a OCDC for his 52inch Scag WB, with a cable on it up to the handle bars, so when you get close to a landscape bed you close it up acting like a mulch kit, then open it up in the wide open areas to throw the grass out. Its pretty nifty, they do make the OCDC for the Turf Tigers, not certain what company does but do some searching on here there are pics of these OCDC.
    Matt

8. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

I am thinking of buying a mulching kit for my 52" hydro in a couple weeks. I already have something similar to an OCDC but it like has a metal rod attached to it so you have to park the mower and then go on the side and put it on and then resume mowing. It works well though around beds.