Scag OCDC's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MarcSmith, Jul 19, 2006.

1. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

Hey folks. I have finaly had enough the the cheapo scag plastic deflector chutes.

After some searching it seems that there are not many people making OCDCs for the Scag machines, both WB's and ZTR's

I looked at the pics of the Trimmer trap and it looks ok and the price is right. I was wondering if any other Scag owners are using any other OCDC's.

If I wasn't working on a campus I'd probably just go with out the Chutes, just for the ability to disperse the clippings better. but since I have some wide open areas and some tight areas I think I really need the flexibily for my guys to have the OCDC....

Ideas, Opinions...any scag owner purchase a OCDC for another machine and made it work easily on the scag?

2. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I have the ACS and really like it, easy and simple to install

wayne

3. grass_cuttin_fool

here are some pictures

scag with chute.jpg

scag 1.jpg

scag 2.jpg

scag 3.jpg

4. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Marc

I made my own. I have about $60 invested in it. I still have to make an arm for it. If you get one, buy one that doesnt have the holes in it. I wasted to much time drilling holes in it. They stay much cleaner without holes. Holes are USELESS!!!! Check with the welding shop on campus. I am sure they can hook you up. The one above my post looks pretty good. I may buy one just to see how I like it.

5. grass_cuttin_fool

The acs has holes in it, but ive never cleaned it, hardly ever seen anything sticking through them

wayne

6. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

Does the ACS have multiple positions IE part way open...or is it a "on-off" thing.

We have a good machine shop on campus I'm sure if I baught one, I could get a few more duplicated. but by the time I end up buying the material and doing the internal exchange of money I'm probably back to the cost of a Professional made unit FWIW....and I wont have to wait several weeks to get it done....

7. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

ACS are crap or at least mine was. Hard to open and doesn't want to stay open. If you loosen up the bolts to make it easier to open then its will not stay open. Holes will plug up the first few hrs of use.

8. grass_cuttin_fool

Mine has an adjustable position. Ive never adjusted it. The best I can tell, the positions are wide open, closed, or probably 95% closed would be the other position. It has and adjustable cam.
    To dlcs post.........mine will get hard to operate at times, but I think its because of dirt mainly, I spray it with some wd-40 and it works like a new one again

wayne

9. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Also, I don't/can't use mine anymore since the handle broke off for the 3rd time and can't be welded again.

10. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

How's it go. "Paitence is Virtue" or something like that. I dont understand the "either open or closed" Mine stays where I open it too. 12'oclock(being open), 1'oclock, 2'oclock, 3'oclock,4'oclock, 5'oclock, 6'oclock (being closed)
    The weld shop should be able to make you one in an hour. I have about $10 in material and rest is labor. Utulize your resorces. Good Luck!!!

Here is link to pics since I didnt realize they didnt post. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=148967