SCAG On Fire, Tiger Cub (Begin Restoration "pics")

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kb9nvh, Jul 22, 2009.

1. kb9nvh

kb9nvh LawnSite Senior Member

I've begun disassembly of my tiger cub. Looks like the clutch is fried (take a look). I think the hydraulics look like they made it through OK.

Take a look and if anyone has some used parts for me to buy that would be super.. :)
    I think the battery might still be good too..LOL

LINK::::::
    http://picasaweb.google.com/grimshady/2009_07_22_SCAG_fixitup#
    LINK::::::

2. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

so you are planing on fixing it, even though you got the bb, are you going to sell it after it is fixed, or keep it as a spare

3. kb9nvh

I don't know....probably sell it after its a working mower again...maybe keep it and go into the mowing business after I retire. Who knows....but for some reason I just cant leave it to rust away in the yard.

4. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

That paint job will buff right out. :laugh:

5. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

If you go in to the mowing biz you should sell the scag, keep the bad boy, and get a wb to replace the scag, and to get gated back yards

6. Wizz

Wizz LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Haven't you seen the commercials...some Nu Finish polish and it'll look brand new!

7. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I would say there is a 99.9% chance that your wheel motors are fried and your hydro. pumps are likely gone also. Seal kits for each of these components will be needed I bet

8. kb9nvh

what makes you think that? clean oil came out of the one wheel motor i took off. Dont those motors get pretty hot in use anyway? What is their max running temperature?

Hydro pumps may be...they were up there right by the flames. BTW, how do I get the pulleys off the hydro pumps to get them off the frame?

9. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

the structurally integrity is questionable in the parts left over. And they do get hot, but nothing like they experienced in that fire..

10. kb9nvh

Oil would break down at about 400F so I think it if got that hot the oil would show it.

So, before investing in parts I guess it would be good to check out the hydraulics some how...anyone have any suggestions?