Scag or Ex mark??!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 94chevytruck, Apr 30, 2004.

1. 94chevytruck

94chevytruck LawnSite Member

ok. I currently have a 36" exmark metro. I am looking to go to a hydro w/b. I am looking at the viking. whats the price of this? also, my dealer gave me a great deal on a year old scag that has never been used. What are the pros of using an ex mark and the cons of a scag. I really want the ex mark. i love the mower, the quality of cut, the depenability and the fact that the dealer is 5 mins from any house i mow!! I have never had a scag before. anyone that has one, especially a hydro and fixed deck. do you like them. how is the quality of cut compared to an ex mark?
    Thanks for any information
    David

2. lawnranger44

lawnranger44 LawnSite Senior Member

We have an eXmark 36" metro too. I'm not sure about the cost of a Viking. We are also looking to buy a hydro but that won't happen until next year. We will probably get a turf tracer 52", which is around $6300 new.

Also, how big are you looking for? If it is 48" or larger, maybe you should get a turf tracer with the floating deck.

3. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

viking lists for around 4300.00 on th exmark vs scag i think i have said this many times before if quality of cut matters buy the exmark

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

If you need a walk behind That Puts down a cut just like the Lazer?? Then get a 52 Or 60" Turf Tracer with the Ultracut Deck!! Nobody Does It Better!!
    John

970-300.jpg

5. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

No question for me, if it were between ECS or pistol grips. It would definitely be ECS even if I had to drive 60 miles to the dealer. Comfort is worth the price. And you don’t see very many people on this site complain about the Exmark.
    Just my .02
    Jeff

6. John Gamba

from ct

Happy spring Mr Gordon!!
    The OPC"S on the ECS are very uncomfortable. Now you heard someone complain about exmark.
    John

7. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

That would be an easy fix Mr. Gamba I would just remove the part that I didn’t want:) then it wouldn’t be uncomfortable.
    Hope you and your family have a great spring and summer!
    Jeff

8. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

i just bought a 60" turf tracer and removed the opc's . that is one hell of a mower. i like it better than the lazer that i demoed it has a better cut

9. John Gamba

from ct

I did:cool: But its not an option for owners that the mower will be used by others.
    John

10. SCAG POWER

SCAG POWER LawnSite Senior Member

After looking around for about a month, down here in florida, and watching every one else, I bought a Scag walk behind.

:alien: