1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Scag Or Exmark!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BeverCreekLawnCare, Mar 31, 2005.

1. BeverCreekLawnCare

BeverCreekLawnCare LawnSite Member
    from none

Wanting to pick up a new walk behind for the upcoming season, but I am still very stuck on what to go with. I own a 52" scag walkbehind and love the way it has performed, but the only downside is the uncomforitable grip. For any exmark lovers out there, I want to know about the comfort of the ez grips, and also the durabilty of the exmark. (Impossible to destroy a scag) Thank you

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Where are you Located? Then we can tell you what mower will work best.
    John

3. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

Exmark with the new grip system works great, light in the front end but thats the only compliant I have, my old scag hydro was the toughest walk behind I've had.

4. BeverCreekLawnCare

BeverCreekLawnCare LawnSite Member
    from none

located in eastern Iowa

5. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Both are excellent machines. I just got to test a TT and TTHP last week, both had ECS. WOW, the ECS is 10x more comfortable than pistol grips. The only downside is its a little bit harder to lift up the deck than with the pistols.

6. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

All of what you said about the ECS controls is true! I can't believe I ever used a pistol grip configuration after using the ECS. Also, you are correct about it being harder to lift the deck but that's a trade off I'm willing to make. The deck on the eXmark leaves a beautiful cut, we mowed in extremely wet conditions today and it still looked awesome when we were finished.

7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Go for it!! Take one out for a test ride. If your dealer doesn't have one find someone that is using one and buy them lunch :) take it for a ride.
    John