Scag or Exmark??????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Furg21, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Furg21

Furg21 LawnSite Member

looking to purchase a new mower due to growing business but i can decide. Looking for your opinions

2. EMWEB

EMWEB LawnSite Member

SCAG ! ! ! ! better built

3. 04TurfT

04TurfT LawnSite Senior Member

the old chevy vs. ford thread.... Go both of your dealers and look at pricing, drive both brands of mowers, and then go from there... Take into consideration which dealer is going to help you out with service in the future? Which dealer is closer? All that stuff. What are u looking for WB, ZTR???? How much you looking to spend?

4. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Completely and utterly vague question.

Do your own research.

5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

1) Don't expect an '06 eXmark to match the performance of your '05

2) Be honest with yourself and ask yourself...

"Why am I as a current eXmark owner considering Scag???"

I think you know the answer and want to try a Scag.
    I say "heck, why not?"..........

What size to do have in mind?

6. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Ive got an older Scag and love it. From what Ive seen posted here @ Lawnsite, seems that exmark has some issues with there new deck and Scag doesnt. As stated above.......dealer support goes a long way. For my 2 cents worth, I would purchase a Scag.

wayne

7. Cigarcop

Cigarcop LawnSite Member

This year I purchased a new Lazer with the Triton deck and I can tell you I hated everything about that mower. There was no comparison with my older Ultra cut decks. I was fortunate enough to be able to return it and got a Scag 61 with the velocity deck and I'm very, very pleased with it, it still dosen't discharge like the Ultra cut but it does a fair job. This is my first Scag ever, its a different feel as far as ride and handling but I would buy another.