Scag Or Exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JJOHN22042, Jul 20, 2001.

1. JJOHN22042

JJOHN22042 LawnSite Member
    from MA

GOING TO BUY A 48 INCH BELT DRIVE WALK BEHIND MOWER THINKING OF THE SCAG SWU OR EXMARK WHICH MOWER IS BETTER FAR AS CUT ETC...

WHAT WOULD BE A GOOD PRICE FOR EACH MOWER NEW. IF YOU KNOW OF ANY WEB SITES THAT HAVE GOOD PRICES WOULD BE GREAT .

THANKS
    JEFF

:confused: :confused:

2. Bob_McNaughton

Bob_McNaughton LawnSite Member

Ouch, the capslock!

Anyway, I had a Scag 48" a few years back, and it was complete garbage. While working as a forman for a local LCO that used Exmarks, we had no trouble, and they cut much better.

Do a search for scag to see more on this topic.

3. bassngrasser13

bassngrasser13 Guest

I know that you might not have been considering this company but lesco makes a very nice 48" cut. I have one and have not had any problems with it. If you are not considering that then i would go with the scag. All of my friends down in miami have them and they work great

4. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

Find your local Lesco center look at their 48 w15 vtwin kawi
    its a good buy I own a 52 Lesco Ibought in 96 My friend has a 95
    48 w 14 kawi. If you look close there is not much difference. Before I bought my scag rider I used the 52 with a sulky for larger yards. The 52's deck is identicle to the one on my 1999
    Scag sthm.

5. JJOHN22042

JJOHN22042 LawnSite Member
    from MA

Tried 15HP 48" Belt drive Scag today seemed to cut the Lawn nice. The guy gave me a price of $3000 and would not move at all on this price. Is this a Good Price for the Scag???