Scag or Exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PT2003, Mar 12, 2007.

1. PT2003

PT2003 LawnSite Member

I have two scag turf tigers and i see maybe 1 or 2 other companies around me with them, mostly i see exmark. Ive never used an exmark. what are the pro and con of exmark vs. Scag.

2. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

around me scag is alot popular. every exmark i've see clumps really bad. Stripes are good, just the cut sucks. also the frames seem alot weaker as i've always seen them welded up in spots.

I have all scag and love them. I have the old deck for a turf tiger and it hardly clumps, even in wet grass. and i feel that their decks are built stronger.

3. Allens LawnCare

Allens LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Both are great machines, I guess it all depends on your local dealers, I don't have a local scag dealer......I'm glad in a way, I have an exmark dealer 3 mins down the rd, Great service, great machines....So I guess I have to go with the X-FACTOR

4. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

Question on the emark........some one please tell me.
    I have just bought a new 52"W/B Turf Tracer HP and when the guy was showing the test run ( so to speak ) when we engaged the blades, while standing leftside of handles,you can see through a opening and see the pully for the belts for the blades.The problem is that they wobble really bad in my apenion. Doe's anyone know if this is ok? when I said something to the guy he said that that was normal.....It just does'nt look normal to me....Waht do you guys think?
    Thanks for all your input.
    JayD