Scag or Exmark?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RhinoL&L, Feb 24, 2008.

1. RhinoL&L

RhinoL&L LawnSite Member

im looking into getting another wb for this year but not sure what i want. i know i want a scag or exmark but i want to know what each has.

also i have a 48 wb and 21 wb should i get another 48 or 36?

2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

are you buying new or used? i have a used scag i will sell for a very good price

3. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

do you want belt or hydro?

4. touhey33

touhey33 LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know why you limited it to those two choices, but from what I've read and heard alot the Exmark is the better walkbehind. I'd go with a 36", whats the point of having two mowers that are the same size unless one is for a backup. The 36" will allow you to get into gated yards and smaller spaces.

5. jdogg399

jdogg399 LawnSite Member

got nice 36 exmark for u in ohio

6. RhinoL&L

RhinoL&L LawnSite Member

i am looking for a used hydro. i thought another 48 because it would be able to mow more than a 36?

the reason i limited it to those 2 is be cause those 2 are the ones with good dealers around here.

7. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

Dont know if exmark is better than scag since SCAG is all i have ever ran in the 15 yrs in biz but i can guarentee SCAGS are built like tanks and the new velo plus decks i think are hands down the best wet grass decks out on the market today ,

8. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i have a 52'' scag hydro i bought for $3500 2 years ago year i will sell for $1200. i have put about 75 hrs on it. 14hp kohler runs great. i will meet you half way.

9. toddy204

toddy204 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 36" Scag walk behind for sale. It has less than 5 hours on it. Comes with full warranty and looks new. If interested call me at 812-204-6004

10. Why so many Scags For Sale with low hours?