1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Scag or Great Dane

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by brandon1022, Jul 16, 2004.

1. brandon1022

brandon1022 LawnSite Member

Hey I would like to know which of these two mowers people prefer. I have narrowed it down to them. The Dane has a better finance deal, but I have heard alot of people say the scag is better. Both would be a 48 or 52 zero turn rider. Any opinions?
  2. cpad33

cpad33 LawnSite Member

Well, duh! Scag baby!
  3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I have no expeirence with the great dane but I purchased a scag tiger cub this spring and have been well pleased with it
  4. ikesleeping

ikesleeping LawnSite Member

After a lot of research I think the dealer is the most important component of your business! No matter what mower you buy sooner or later it will need something and this is when all the issues about a dealer comes into play.If you already have picked a dealer that will help you out no matter what, you are way ahead! Just my two cents......
  5. scrjunky6

scrjunky6 LawnSite Member

Scags are very nice mowers but the great danes are very nice too..i would go with a great dane because they are less exspensive and by saving that money you can get more later..
  6. EastTnLC

EastTnLC LawnSite Member

Scag all the way!!! I cant speak for other people but my Scag mowers are built like tanks. Very strong, Tough, Durable and most of all Reliable! Great mowers all around and can really take anything I dish out.
  7. mch181

mch181 LawnSite Member

I like both but I prefer GD because they seem to be cheaper. But if you have the money for a scag go ahead and buy it. As long as your dealer has repair service and a good parts line!! But again its only my opinion!!