1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

scag or parker wheel motors

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by towtruck212, Dec 18, 2013.

1. towtruck212

towtruck212 LawnSite Member

I have a scag 52" walk behind hydro with an 18hp Honda motor. anyway both wheel motors are leaking. After further investigating the main bearing is wearing out the main shaft. So I need a bearing and a shaft. However the name plate on the back cap of the wheel motor has scags name and part number on it and nothing from Parker. Scag only wants to sell a new motor or a seal kit and Parker cant cross reference the scag number to look up parts. Does anyone have any in site on what I can do here? New motors are around $450 and I'm not sure what the parts would cost to keep the old motor running.

Thanks Mike

2. BigFish

BigFish LawnSite Silver Member

Google "parker wheel motor parts " Download the pdf from Parker about torqmotors, should be the first pdf ya come to. Also check out J Thomas site, they have some cross references.
    Have Googled for a cross reference? Fleabay has a bunch of em listed.
    The original parker seal kits run about $58 or so, not sure about the bootleg kits
    The bearing can be had from any bearing supply.
    Now the shaft.............

3. DXN1EL

DXN1EL LawnSite Senior Member
    from TEXAS

4. baileylawnservice

baileylawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Google the scag part number. It should come up with the Parker numbers. I went to the local Parker distributor and they were very helpful.