scag owners a little help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ronslawncare, May 29, 2001.

1. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

a couple of questions i need help on.i was pricing scags today .a 36 scag advantage with the grass gobbler 3,100 same one hydro unit is 5,100 thats 2 g different .my question is whats is the difference on the scag advantage bysides the quality of the cut what does it do elimate double cuts.if i do get the the advantage deck belt or hydro.please someone go into full detail on this i would be very appreciated .thankyou.ronnie in what i mean is the advantage deck is given a clean cut do i still need the hydro. thanx

2. Stonewall

Stonewall LawnSite Senior Member

The hydro will give you far fewer problems than the belt drive. Zero transmission problems with my walk behind. The advantage deck gives a much cleaner cut than their standard deck. Just put one on my Turf Tiger and it is vastly improved.

3. Wood Lawn Man

Wood Lawn Man LawnSite Member

The advantage deck not only improves the cut quality but also the blowing capabilities. If you're interested in getting a 36" I would definitely go with the hydro and they just increased the 14hp Kaw to a 15hp Kaw VTwin that looks very promising. I have a 36" hydro advantage with the 14hp and the cut quality at high speeds is the best I've ever seen.

4. UNISCAPE

UNISCAPE LawnSite Member

I PRICED A 36" HYDRO SCAG YESTERDAY AT $4100.00 WITH CATCHER IN NEW JERSEY. YOU ARE GETTING RIPPED OFF BUD.

5. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Ron: Not to condone Uniscape's sarcasm, but from what I've seen in pricing the Hydro's usually run $1,000 more than a belt driven. I run Scag hydros and agree with Woodlawn that the cut is the best! Slap on a Proslide and your in business! ;)

6. UNISCAPE

UNISCAPE LawnSite Member

NOT FOR NUTHIN SCRAPER...BUT HAVING A HYDRO OR A BELT DRIVE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CUT OF THE MOWER.

7. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

is the 4,100 scag a hydro advantage with grass catcher too because i got family over there and maybe you can hook me up with some directions i saw the same price on alamia.com but is it a 1000 more for the advantage deck i dont know prices just my local dealers word.thanx for the help though

8. toroboy

toroboy LawnSite Member

GO HYDRO!!!!!!1:D

9. Wood Lawn Man

Wood Lawn Man LawnSite Member

Scag 36" 15hp Kaw. Hydro Advantage Deck with bagger is available around here for about $4300 <===Beautiful machine!!!!!!