1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Scag owners (high back vs suspension seat)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tacoma200, Apr 17, 2007.

1. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Those that have run Scags for a while. How do you like the suspension seat compared to the plush high back seat. The reason I'm asking is I'm supposed to get the upgrade as soon as the seat comes in but I actually am getting to like the standard high back seat. I understand that Michigan Seat makes the suspension seats for Scag, Exmark, Hustler, etc. I really liked the Suspension seat on the Hustler and it made a big difference in the Exmark but to be honest the tiger isn't riding too bad with just the high back seat. So I would like to hear from Scag owners that have used both and how you feel about the ride. I have had two guys locally tell me that the high back is better? I may just keep both seats just to make sure I get the one I want but would like some input from those that have tried it both ways on a Scag.

I all ready know it makes a big difference on other brands.
  2. West KY Lawncare

West KY Lawncare LawnSite Member

I went from the high back to the suspension and I really like it after using it for a while. It was different going from the thick padded seat to the thinner suspension seat but it really absorbs the shock much better which means alot on those long days!
  3. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

I have both and the suspension seat does make a difference you do not get as much of a back slap out of the suspenion seat as you do on the high back both of mine are on saber tooth tiger mowers
  4. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

Hey tacoma200,
    If you go with the susp. seat and want to sell the highback pm me.