1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Scag owners, how much do you guys use the control adjustments?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tb8100, Feb 29, 2008.

1. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

I thought this was a super cool feature that Scag came out with. Do you guys pretty much put it on one setting and leave it or does it get changed alot?
  2. Mowinforaliving

Mowinforaliving LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll let ya know here in about 3 or 4 weeks.:laugh:
  3. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I set it the way I wanted it the first day of service a year and a half ago. Hasn't been touched since.
  4. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

we are about 90% sure on getting a wildcat from my one dealer. i see us using this feature alot because my brother and i both use the mower, and we move the seat around alot on our ferris, so this would be helpful. after leaning forward on the seat all day it will be nice to adjust the handles back and be able to sit straight up against the seat back.
  5. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I move mine some, depending on how I want to sit

6. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

Ours don't move much. The old controls were more comfortable in my opinion---I like to hold onto the angled part about 1/2 the time. It lets you use the armrests a little. These new ones are straight across the top, then take a sharp turn to vertical. They are easy to adjust though and don't really vibrate loose like you would expect.
  7. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

Havent moved mine from day one , i have had one vibrate lose a couple of times , same one evrytime
  8. echo8287

echo8287 LawnSite Member
    from Ga

I haven't changed mine since it came from the dealer. Who ever set it must have been the same size as me, cause it was right when I got it.
  9. jkingrph

jkingrph LawnSite Senior Member

Played with the adjustments for a while until I found what I liked and then leave it alone!