1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Scag Owners Unite!!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Scagman 48, Feb 28, 2013.

1. RudmanLandscaping

RudmanLandscaping LawnSite Member

Sun's out Scag's out!

Not the best picture, but I'm running a 2012 TT with a 35hp, a 2013 Tiger Cat with 27 Kohler and a 53" Scag Hydro Walk Behind.

I'll post more pictures on a better day

2. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice, I like your setup. How do you like the TC vs TT?
  3. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

Today I got some feedback on how the 52" V-Ride with 26 Kaw compares to the 52" TT with 29 EFI Kohler. The guys were basically doing some bush hogging and cutting what looked to be 3 ft tall weeds in one of our customers fields. They said the V-Ride had no problem keeping up blade speed but the TT had trouble and was bogging alot. I know this is some extreme cutting conditions and isn't intended to be an apples to apples comparison but it kind of gives some idea of how they perform when pushed to their limits.
  4. Scagman 48

Scagman 48 LawnSite Senior Member

5. ajordan193

ajordan193 LawnSite Senior Member
    from WNY

For everyone running v rides. Can you please tell me how they do on hills? Mainly looking at the 52 inch deck. Thanks
  6. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

The 52 v rides do great on hills no matter what other people say on here. Now if you live in Pittsburgh PA where the entire lawn is a hill then you may have problems. Its better if you have a flat surface to turn on because its easier on the turf that way. Go out a demo one, you'll see.
  7. LifeBack Lawns

LifeBack Lawns LawnSite Member

So you are saying the v-rides are basically a compact version of a ZTR with better maneuverability on hills and better than a walk behind yes? How is the cut quality? How is the 13hr day standing on it? How is the comfort of the machine? Is there a big weight difference in let's say...a tiger cat and v-ride?
  8. Four_Seasons

Four_Seasons LawnSite Member

How are the V-rides compares to the Toro's?

Vride question. I have noticed with the heavy grass that both my vrides seem to be mowing a bit lower on one side. Any one else having this problem? Could it be tire pressure? Any input would be appreciated.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. Sheriff Darrin

Sheriff Darrin LawnSite Member
    from OK

Here is a pic of our new scag stand on. We have other scags but I couldnt get them to upload.

Scag Stand On.jpg