Scag Owners Unite!!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Scagman 48, Feb 28, 2013.

1. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

We have approx. 150 mowing accounts. We subcontract all of our mowing to one company. From 1990 to 2012, we used the same company. They used Exmark riders/walk-behinds.

This spring, we switched to another company (good friend). They use Turf Tigers. Nothing but compliments now from our customers. The "cut" is AWESOME! Just sayin' even thought I mow my lawn with a JD 54" ZTR.

Skag mowers ROCK imo. Just don't tell your female customers you like "skags"...LOL

2. Scagman 48

Scagman 48 LawnSite Senior Member

www.giant-vac.com YES! FINALLY! SCAG BLOWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Come on guys get your scag pictures in here we know they are the best so show em. I hardly was able to find the thread.

This is 2 of our 10 scags...vride and a 36" hydro in front of it.

028.jpg

Don't comment on the rope thingee, it helps keep the vride off the back
    of the unit in front of it.

028.jpg

4. peeklandscaping

peeklandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

Here's my V-ride. purchased about a month ago and LOVIN it!! have run turf tracers and toro- Scag beats them all hands down!
    These are taken on the day I purchased it.

P1090104.jpg

P1090111.jpg

P1090104.jpg

P1090111.jpg

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Here is the granddaddy of ztr for our business. This was a demo unit used by TruGreen and then we bought it from Scag. It has a 25hp Kohler engine that has a protype tag on it. This unit can bag right along side our Walker and can quickly be converted to mulch or side discharge. We never had a major failure on this unit. Sadly it sits in our ship container sweating it out since 04/2011. We might bring it out and mount a sprayer on it this winter. If not it goes. Every time I go to container I start it and run so still okay and no flat tires. In this picture I was putting it in its grave.

cougwreckweed 001.jpg

cougwreckweed 001.jpg

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

How about a whole gaggle of scag units.

McCoys 007.jpg

This is the local dealer back a few years.

McCoys 007.jpg

7. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Needed to add another mower to the 'fleet' lol... have a 1999 36"hydro Scag, a 2012 54" Deere Z925a rider and added this used 48" hydro Scag a few weeks back for 2700.00 ... low hours, almost brand new condition!

IMG_0840.jpg

8. kawasaki guy

kawasaki guy LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Jersey

never seen one of those! :clapping:

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We bought a belt drive 48" unit and sure wish we had a hydro and the darn deck is so heavy it is very hard to muscle around. But you got a great buy.

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

This is one of our 2 scag 32" units. This unit has the original engine on it and continues to be used every day. This unit has to be over 15 years old.

023.jpg

And the unit starts on first pull every time. I have never had to get into the valve adjustments which are tough.

023.jpg