Scag Owners Unite!!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Scagman 48, Feb 28, 2013.

1. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Does anybody have one of these? How much is a unit worth that has 40 hours and sit for 2 years?

20130827_141516-1.jpg

2. baileylawnservice

baileylawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Give me an update on the 52" turf tiger with the 29 hp Kohler efi.

3. michiganmower10

michiganmower10 LawnSite Member

Soooo, long story short i will need to look into a combination of used and new equipment next year for a contracting job ive aquired, i have run exmarks, scag TTs, dixies, huslters, bobcats, wondering how the cheetahs and the newer turf tigers have been?? This seems like the right place to ask...haha

4. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

Lots of nice Scags and stripes!

5. SRT8

SRT8 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CA

Today I had to take the Cheetah to the dealer to get checked out. It wouldn't start this morning for some strange reason, checked everything and it all seemed ok. Didn't have time to tinker with it and didn't want to waste time, it only has 130 hours so I took it to the dealer. Im guessing when they were assembling the fuel pump a piece of plastic/Teflon strip got in there? The owner of the dealer showed me a balled up piece of plastic, like a the size of a rolled/balled up straw wrapper. Well just glad it wasn't anything serious and the mower will be out there mowing tomorrow...........actually I will be out there mowing, I like to mow with my crews when I get days off. people think im strange because that's how I choose to spend my time off lol

6. baileylawnservice

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The wildcat has 1100 hours

7. Kleen Kutz

Kleen Kutz LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ama,La

The wildcat is well taken care of. What do you use to clean it with? I have a 61 Turf Tiger and a 48.

8. baileylawnservice

Well it's normally pretty dirty but yesterday I took it to the car wash. I normally just blow it off. Also I have no employees

9. Kleen Kutz

Kleen Kutz LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ama,La

Yep having no employees will do the trick.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Zach_KY

Zach_KY LawnSite Member

Long story short....

Long time visitor but newly registered. Not a scrub - just mowin' my own property and hate cheap equipment. :drinkup:

At any rate, I used to mow with a 72" grooming mower behind the JD 60Hp tractor and the wife trims around her lawn pretties with her DC 3360 (AKA Fred Flintstone's "flintmobile"). Back in July, the tranny took dump in the JD (warranty problem) and the grass is still growin' so I picked up a 61" V-Ride. After two weeks, it was time to do the first service on the V so I headed over to the dealer for materials. That's when the TT hopped on the trailer and no one could get it off. :laugh: The cut quality is so much better with the Scag equipment, the tractor and grooming mower are now used in the pasture areas or when four-wheel drive is a must.

IMG_11.jpg

IMG_12.jpg

IMG_13.jpg