Scag part #

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by runk, Jul 3, 2008.

1. runk

runk LawnSite Member

Is there a list or does any one have the Mfg. part # off of the bearings and seals used on scag decks, and wheels.
    also mfg part # on belts.
    this would be very helpful should one ever fail.
    My neighbor is a sales man for a bearing co. and advised that his prices would be lower than a dealer. He said that he crossed all of the Gravely part # on there seals and bearings, and belts over and supplies them to a gravely dealer locally who sells them at the Gravely price.
    should any one have the parts in there hand and supply the # I will try to generate a list and proved the mfg part #. I have some of the part # used on my Walkers.
    gary

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Order a J-Thomas catalog. It has the items broken down with factory part #. 1-800-828-7980

http://j-thomas.com/

3. runk

runk LawnSite Member

Im looking for the part # from the bearing Mfg, and the seal# they would be stamped on the bearings or on the seal. or the dimensions of the bearings.

gary

4. gorper99

gorper99 LawnSite Member

Call Scag R&D.Metalcraft of Mayville-(920)387-3150

5. vgshopboss

vgshopboss LawnSite Member

If you either pull the bearings out that you have, or go buy ONE set from the dealer, they will have the bearing mfr. part numbers on them, and your bearing dealer can cross reference those. The Scag numbers are going to be meaningless.

6. runk

runk LawnSite Member

vgshopboss
    I know that, I was trying to get a list of part # to gather to help my self and others on the list if and when we need parts, if you read my last post I was asking for the # off of the bearings, I know I could buy one set and get the numbers, but it has been done before I did not want to reinvent the wheel.
    Thanks gary

7. f1r3w4ll

f1r3w4ll LawnSite Member

Go to Scag web page select your machine model and download the PDF part manual

8. Mic_bug

Mic_bug LawnSite Member
    from N.B. MI

:drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup:
    ditto... or just bring your bearings to a dealer that can cross reference them.

:drinkup::drinkup::drinkup: