Scag People!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by opher, Feb 14, 2007.

1. opher

opher LawnSite Member

I'm looking at a '05 Scag 61'' Turf Tiger with a 29 hp fuel injected liquid cooled Kawasaki . Just wondering how everybody likes it? Any pro's :) or con's:confused: ?
    This unit has under 500 hrs and comes with stripe kit and a bagging unit.
    Thanks for your replies,
  2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

3. opher

opher LawnSite Member

Thanks,I did not see that one earlier

FATWEASEL LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

What are they asking?
  5. Mr Priceless

Mr Priceless LawnSite Senior Member

a LCO around my area said the dealer wanted a little over 10,000 for the 29 DFI with 61" velocity
  6. opher

opher LawnSite Member

$8000.00 with the bagging unit

FATWEASEL LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

If it's in good shape and the hours are right I'd jump on that deal, at least in this area. Those would be light hours for one season.:drinkup:
  8. mowpart rep3

mowpart rep3 LawnSite Member

i have about 8 landscapers that have purchased the new dfi and they love them. i have not had one in the shop yet. plenty of power i would say the best unit scag makes
  9. Scott's Mowing LLC

Scott's Mowing LLC LawnSite Member

The 29 hp is supposed to be more economical because of the fuel injection. We have the 29 hp with the bagger and it works great. We are on our third one and just got a new one with the velocity deck. Heard they are awesome.
  10. T4THOR

T4THOR LawnSite Member

I believe that it all depends on the original owner/users and how well it was maintained. It could be abused or like new, who knows. I'm always wanting to use it for 2-3 days before investing $ on it! good luck!