1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

SCAG post on Facebook - finance deal

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mlavin73, Dec 19, 2011.

1. LibertyFarmLandscaping

LibertyFarmLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE TX

Sheffield has been very good for me until last month I was a few days late with the payment and they called acting like I was a criminal. This after years of on time payments.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

I has Verizon do that to me. It's a phone bill, but still has to be paid. I was 3 days late and shut my phones and internet off. Guy was all arrogant. Tried telling him we just a 5 week early baby and she had to be put in Rochester because her lungs were not developed fully. Yes o am going to stop dead in my tracks to make sure its paid. **** happens. Got a superviser to turn them on and wave there 15 per line rehook fee.

Like I said before. On the same day Sheffield denied me, ge gave me money. This happened twice. I think of ge were to get in there, more scags would be sold.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. stickleylawncare

stickleylawncare LawnSite Member

I financed my trailer through Sheffield, they want 40 payments over the next 40 months or what not. Im going to pay it down in 6 and be done with it. But what really got me about them, is for online payments they want a flat $10 fee. If I payed every payment online on their payment terms, that's 400 bucks they charge you to get their money faster. Insane. Ive never seen an online payment fee so high before... a lot of places dont even charge, they want their money faster, no check handling, no postage etc.

Just wanted to gripe about their online fee. Thats all. :usflag:

4. douglee25

douglee25 LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

I financed through Sheffield. I was approved in minutes with an 805 credit score. I pay through Bill Pay with my bank and it's transferred over the next day or two. Easy as pie for me.

Doug

5. LibertyFarmLandscaping

from NE TX

Online bill pay would be nice. The good ole country boy bank I use just got debit cards a year ago. I do the lawn at their locations so I will just have to wait till they get it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. c2weech

c2weech LawnSite Member

So do you think that this means you can get the 0% for 48 months plus the 20% off of a V-ride? Or is it either or?

7. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

Since from my last years purchases I get fleet pricing this year. I also get the 0% for 48mos for the current promo. So if you are eligable for fleet you can also get 0% (my dealer checked into it). If you are not eligable for fleet check with your dealer.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. mlavin73

mlavin73 LawnSite Member

Sheffield does have an online autopay. I set mine up and it automatically withdraws my payment each month. No charge for doing that.

9. LibertyFarmLandscaping

from NE TX

Well as the OP stated don't they charge $10 per time to pay online?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. mlavin73

mlavin73 LawnSite Member

No additional charges on that. If I remember right,if you were doing a one time payment electronically there was a charge. If you set it up for auto pay I don't believe there is. I just went online and set the recurring payment on Sheffield, designated the amount and it comes out automatically each month....no additional charges.