scag prices...........wow!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by green thum, Apr 4, 2005.

1. green thum

green thum LawnSite Member

:rolleyes: i recently priced a turf tiger.........around 9 grand i believe,are they really better than a toro or an ex-mark?

2. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

u betcha'

them tigers are built like tanks

3. slicksilverado01

slicksilverado01 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

yes... I sold my tiger cub last fall and just purchased a Scag TT with the 61" deck and 35lc B&S for 9,600 out the door. I got a deal on this cause the dealer bought a bunch of scags and got them for a cheaper price. I take my scag on any hill and it climbs it and does it good. The cut is really good.

4. green thum

:dizzy: i'm trying to decide between a turf tiger and a toro 52"(sorry can't remember the model# right now)about a two grand diff but from what i have heard u can't go wrong with a scag!!!

5. slicksilverado01

from Ohio

I posted this in another thread also,

I had a scag tiger cub with a 52" deck and 23 kaw and it was a good mower. It stuck to any hill I took it to. I cut really nice and with the strip kit on the mower it made awsome stripes. I never had one problem with mine. I recently sold it due to needing a bigger mower. I put 1800 hours on it before I sold it. I had no problems at all. I only replace the deck belt 3 times. I ran double blades from the first time I used my mower and did doubles year round and till I sold it.

and it still ran great when it was sold.

so yea you cant go wrong with scag they are built so tough....

6. green thum

:p sorry i'm fairley new to this site and the biz(almost one year and almost needing to turn down work)this is a dumb a.. question to u guys but what are double blades?and what are the advantages?

7. slicksilverado01

from Ohio

double blades are two blades stacked ontop of each other. (you do not need a special jig, the tightening of the two blades together hold it good enough.) the blades are a 90 degree angle from each other. the advantage of doubles it that it mulchs/cuts up the grass better. there is many combos to use hilift on the bottom and gators on top. I always use double high lifts blades. year round.

some people will tell you it is really bad on your mower and dont do it. But I still used it and had no problems. just make sure the blades are balanced good.

some people will tell you to use meg-mos. I heard that doubles do better. plus the doubles are cheaper and easier to sharpen.

some people will tell you they didnt notice a thing compared to single blades and they dont run doubles. But I noticed a huge difference when running doubles. less clumping and no double cuts on most yards.