Scag Pricing in East Tennessee?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mjealey, Apr 5, 2010.

1. mjealey

mjealey LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys, been a while since I have been on here. Been hibernating for the winter. I need to know what you guys are paying for 1 61" deck, 29 HP Kawasaki Turf Tiger. Went into Mayo's today and they had them for $12599 and wouldn't come off the price at all. Called around a few places and same thing. Seems a little high to me. I am mowing 14 acres that is mostly wide open for a neignbor starting this year and I have looked at everything and set on the TT. Just sold my 08 Snapper Pro S150x with 52 hours for $4,900. Would use it for 7 other yards a week also that are quite large. Want the liquid cooled and DFI since I will be going at it for 5 hrs. straight on this one yard.

I was just curious what you guys are paying around here?

2. touchdowntn

touchdowntn LawnSite Member

Try this dealer. I'm currently talking with them about a Scag. They will definitely have to order a TT, but may work with you on the price and cheaper taxes too! About 1 hour and 15 minutes from the merchants road exit on I-75.
    W.D. BRYANT AND SON - WILLIAMSBURG
    372 SOUTH 5TH STREET view map
    WILLIAMSBURG KY 40769
    Phone: 606-549-2385

3. mjealey

Thanks, I will try to give them a call.

4. toploader4x4

toploader4x4 LawnSite Member

Also try Blount Lawn Center in Maryville, 865-983-6121. I purchased a TT 61/35 from them in Feb. VERY good people to deal with. I thought I wanted the LC 29, price on the 35 is quite a bit cheaper, and the motor has unreal power. Good luck.

5. touchdowntn

Just curious ad to how they quoted you compared to Mayo in Knox?

6. mjealey

I haven't had time to call them yet, I will have time in a little while or tomorrow morning.

7. touchdowntn

I called the powell store and got a quote of 12,250 on a 61/29 fuel injected T.T.

8. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

I think they are a bunch of jokes, I used to think highly of mayo, but now I just don't really care for them at all.

9. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

Try the #1 Scag dealer in Tennessee! Boones Creek Outdoor power. (423) 477-0891 or 423-477-8920 I believe they have that price beat all to heck.

10. mjealey

People at Mayo for sure think they are the cats meow. They are pretty cocky, but I just happen to be in the area for lunch. Thanks for all the replies guys, I am going to call those #'s first thing tomorrow morning!